Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(25-Jul-2016, 22:35)archer75 Wrote: I wonder if or how many of us are considering to give up continuing with Devialet Expert line going forward. My frustration is that I invested my LE200 as it is one box solution which I am happy with but a little longer than my purchase why I should pay 50% of my current device for an upgrade? This will make my total investment in the range of eur 10k which I would have much more options, okay not as a single unit perhaps. I do know if they announced the retail price of pro series though.
My second frustration is that 120 owners will pay the same upgrade cost. This is insane. Regardless of the cost to Devialet is same, they should hv created a difference at upgrade cost, even it is 500 euros.

My dilemma right now is perhaps it is better to sell my LE200 and top up eur 3500 to go for a different path/device.

Anyone else considering the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The real (and only) question you should ask yourself should be that if there was no upgrade possible with the 120 and the cost of upgrading your 200 was the same as it is now, would you do it? If not then well, that's it. If the answer is yes however, not upgrading because someone else is getting a better deal then you're just frustrating yourself for all the wrong reasons. 

You can buy a carton of beer in Holland for 6 Euros and here in Australia it's 40 dollars. I don't like it but it's still in a reasonable enough price range that it hasn't stopped me from drinking. If I were to sit there and think about how I'm being ripped off I would certainly not enjoy my beer. That's why every time the thought enters my mind I just think about how much better a beer tastes when it's 30 degrees Celsius. Works every time!  Smile 

I understand that where Devialet stuffed up is that there's no proper streaming function coming to the current Expert range. That was a promise and now you HAVE to upgrade to get the streaming function. Other than that I don't feel Devialet have done anything wrong with this upgrade plan. It's not compulsory. I'm sure you will still enjoy the music through your 200 as much today as you did Yesterday.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Pim - 26-Jul-2016, 04:08