Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 08:08)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The streamer will be free for those who own a Pro, whether it is from an upgrade or a new one. So instead of thinking that the upgrade is half the price of your existing unit, I would wait and see what the new streamer board is like and compare that with an external streamer of the same cost as the upgrade. That's comparing apples with apples. Until then, it's all speculation and guessing.

As for the 120 gets 100W more and the 200 only 20; The 250 gets no extra power. So the value needs to lie in the sound quality upgrade and the streamer. Probably more so the streamer because I can't see the sound quality get much better than it already is.

I totally agree with you. I have a 250 upgraded from d-premiere. At that time I upgraded only to have ethernet connection, in hope that would have fixed the streaming issues. It did work and I was able to stream through ethernet without issues. However, if you think a out it, the price was quite high for an ethernet board that should have been there in first place, but I also got some extra power so I can live with it. Now this new upgrade seems to give me some extra noise reduction that is debatable how much can be perceived and the promise of a new streamer board (even if there is no mention of it in the official mail). As you said the extra value is in the streamer, if it will give functionality that put it on par with other commercial products I will consider the upgrade, otherwise I will be better off investing in an used 250 and get an 800 that I will update next time Devialet will allow users to jump an upgrade
M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by marcor - 26-Jul-2016, 09:20