Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 08:08)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The streamer will be free for those who own a Pro, whether it is from an upgrade or a new one. So instead of thinking that the upgrade is half the price of your existing unit, I would wait and see what the new streamer board is like and compare that with an external streamer of the same cost as the upgrade. That's comparing apples with apples. Until then, it's all speculation and guessing.

As for the 120 gets 100W more and the 200 only 20; The 250 gets no extra power. So the value needs to lie in the sound quality upgrade and the streamer. Probably more so the streamer because I can't see the sound quality get much better than it already is.

I can not agree with this Pim. The streamer is in the amps already. Problem is it does not work reliably. Devialet can't fix AIR and can't add DLNA or Roon (it seems) to the existing streamer board. So they decide to make a new streamer board for the Expert amps based on ARM. There is an ARM processor in Dialog too. The new Devialet OS is probably the OS in Dialog adapted for Expert. Then one can stream from Spark, be compatible with Phantom - and get all the bugs too...

I do agree that the upgrade value  is in better sound quality, first and foremost, I believe, from the new ADH and DAC configuration and maybe the power supply. Possibly (hopefully) also the streamer.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by ogs - 26-Jul-2016, 10:48