Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
It is unlikely that I will take advantage of the upgrade program but I will not abandon Devialet either. Like others have said the Expert series performs admirably and whatever improvements there are on paper they should be confirmed in critical listening evaluations first. That said I am intrigued about the improvements to sound quality at all volumes that has been commented on by Devialet. As it stands now the Devialet does suffer some at lower volume settings so any improvement in this area would be very welcome indeed. I still wouldn't upgrade though. I would sell my existing unit and repurchase the new one instead as it would be far more cost effective (assuming price increases do not exceed 15%).

On the subject of the streamer board, I get the impression the upgrade would include the new board. Devialet says... "New architecture supporting Devialet OS in 2017" as part of the upgrade features. I can't imagine upgraders would have to send their unit in twice to get what the OdA owners need to wait months for. My guess is the feature will not be "turned on" until the software is released in concurrence with the OdA upgrades. Costs aside it would be a massive undertaking to perform two upgrades for the teams involved in doing them so I highly suspect that is not the case.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by RebelMan - 26-Jul-2016, 12:44