Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 21:44)Christopher W. Wrote: I started with a used D-Premier and enjoyed it.  I never was much interested in Air.

Then I moved to a used 400 because of upgraditis.  I very much enjoyed the improvement is SQ. But I did miss the case and remote of the D.
So I bought a brand new 250 with the intention of moving up to an 800.  I never got the second 250...

I started to get upgraditis and was ready to leave the 250 and Devialet behind me.  But my near perfect 1.5 year old  $15,500US 250 would not bring $7,500.00US.  So I took it off the market and I will use it for a second stereo as I have now purchased new/used equipment that I am very satisfied with.

I bought a used Dartzeel CTH-8550 integrated amp for $13KUS and a used PS Audio DirectStream DSD dac for $3.5KUS.   They are both in perfect condition....as new.  That would be $26,300.00US for the Dart and PSA DD new.

$16.5US for the new combination and it actually feels like I am in a complete different league than with the 250.  Everything sounds better with the new setup.  I won't go into the SQ here but I am very, very  pleased. I am really glad to get my DAC in a separate box than the amp.  I do miss the crossover functions but I can deal with that.

Every move I made with Devialet led to substantial loss in value.  No way would I invest anymore in the Devialet line as I see them now. 

Would a D250 Pro match what I am hearing with the Dartzeel and DirectStream......I doubt it.  I certainly won't be upgrading for a streamer.  Too many options that are way cheaper.

I don't begrudge Devialet and their way......but I am not interested anymore.  One sit down with my new equipment made it very clear...

I also would love to know what your experience reguarding the CTH8550 is..
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by sfjain - 27-Jul-2016, 03:10