Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(25-Jul-2016, 22:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: The upgrade program just seems like 'business as usual' for the Devialet we know (and many seem to love).

The growing camp they've managed to disillusion will probably be less inclined.

The love camp will upgrade whatever the price - regardless of the fact not all of its ready and they don't even know what it is they're buying.

I can see a logic to the pricing, but it's not sensible or thought out. In fact, highlighting that the innards are the same and cost the same across the board sort of devalues the whole brand. It's basically saying if you get a 1000 Pro new you're basically paying shedloads for the cases.

RE: "The love camp will upgrade whatever the price - regardless of the fact not all of its ready and they don't even know what it is they're buying"

Er... not true for me. 

I will upgrade if it sounds better once I have had a chance to listen to it and discussed with a reliable dealer. As I said earlier on in this thread the D800 to Pro 1000 at £4900 looks like very good value (if the SQ hike is there) and, remarkably, is cheaper than the D-Prem Dual Mono to D800 upgrade a few years back. I've alway known what I'm buying with Devialet - you should try some of the overpriced, unreliable high end junk and deplorable service I've had to put up with over the last 20 years or so. Devialet are being true to their promise of upgradability.

Too much hate on this excellent site and not enough love! I want to hear about tips, user wisdom, great tunes, fabulous Devialet integrated systems - it all seems to be going down the usual anonymous blog oneupmanship contest......... bit depressing. 
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by KIBM - 27-Jul-2016, 11:26