Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(27-Jul-2016, 12:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: My point is, I don't think the sentiment on DC deteriorated by itself, it just became the hub for an increasingly frustrated user base.  Hopefully things will change but the launch of the 'Pro' line after the Od'A and communications surrounding it and the upgrades won't have helped matters of course.  Again Devialet just need to learn to put themselves in their customers shoes, and tailor effective, clear, and consistent communication to make them feel 'loved'.  Assuming they do that, the DC forum will no doubt also return to a bit more 'love' and a lot less 'hate'.

FWIW I've never found DC (or the majority of its members) any less helpful despite the frustrations aired. It's an amazing resource for all things Devialet.

That's what comes with the territory of a new startup and the risks of early adoption.  Devialet started with the resources they needed to produce the volumes they could manage at the time.  When newer, better efficiencies where introduced dropping the costs from the heavens demand exploded.  They were ill equipped to handle the increased volume and unfortunately it would not have been prudent to staff up prior to knowing what the demand would be.  

As for other products, like the Phantom, in the pipeline distracting their focus from core products improvements and support, I can assure you those plans were long in the making and the apparent fall from grace (as a result) as seen by some early adopters is merely coincidental.  Perhaps if customers could put themselves in Devialet's shoes there would be more understanding.  I'm not saying they don't have problems to fix they do.  I am saying if you are gonna make a commitment (early on) then be committed to the whole process.  It's okay to air experiences and frustrations when they occur.  It's not okay to make it personal (bashing) in a public forum.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by RebelMan - 27-Jul-2016, 22:26