Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(27-Jul-2016, 22:48)RebelMan Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 03:10)Saunter Wrote: Wouldn't it be better in most cases to just get a second unit to double up in terms of SQ improvements ?

I mean, going from D200 to D400 by getting a second D200 seems as though it would offer a larger improvement in sound and be far more cost effective.

There are some very very good deals on the current models at the moment and that too me is far more attractive than the upgrade price offered for the D200 to move up.

No.  More power does not equate to better sound quality.  More power equates to more output (SPL) and more headroom but that's all.  Unless your system requires more power to suppress potential distortions from driving the volume up it would be unnecessary to increase it.

It's not just a matter of power although with many speakers that certainly helps.

Dual mono configuration divides by a factor of 4 distortion and minimises crosstalk with a gain in lateral information and image realism.

If I were a 200 owner I would be faced by a bit of a quandary here, and I say that knowing first hand what the benefits of some of the Pro innovations are. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by GuillaumeB - 28-Jul-2016, 09:21