Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(30-Aug-2016, 16:27)kerkhoffd Wrote: Great to hear Iamwappie and good for you. As a fellow Dutchman and D200 owner I will be interested to hear what your experience will be with upgrade process and SQ of the new D200 Pro vs your D120 when you have had your upgrade done.

I myself am still in doubt about it. Being a D200 owner I am not sure I am willing to pay the same amount as you will for a much smaller benefit at a price I could also go double mono (D400) for. I am very happy with what I am hearing right now. But I still hope to be presently surprised. Who knows that could change my kind.
Nice speakers btw ;-)

I'll let you know on progress. As I understand the 15th of September the upgrade program is initiated for the Netherlands hoping 4 weeks later to get it back.

For me it's not only the sound quality to do the upgrade but also the ability to benefit from future upgrades. Still hoping for room correction and of course a reliable streaming solution (hopefully with Roon integration).

I can understand your consideration though. If -and that we do not know yet for sure - the upgrade program is not time limited you could do the upgrade to D400 for the biggest benefit gain and later dot the upgrade once a feature comes by that is of real benefit to you and in the meantime you've had the chance to compare with upgraded models.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by iamwappie - 30-Aug-2016, 17:53