Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
My favourite dealer is selling a demo D120 and D400 at very good prices; well below the retail price. No doubt this is because the new models are coming out. Rather than be annoyed, I was thinking of a reason to buy another D120.... I just don't have a good argument figured out yet. Stunning bargains,  IMHO. Sooo tempting.

I remain of the opinion that we are lucky that a full upgrade path exists, even if we don't take advantage of it. Or, even if it is expensive. It is a pretty serious replacement of internal parts, and I would think the RE +RE process is less labour efficient than the production of new product.

I did get an email this AM from Devialet, asking me to confirm my interest in the upgrade; this was a follow up to my earlier expression of interest a few months ago. Even though I am uncertain about the upgrade, I am interested in knowing the details of timing and prices for Canada.

I noticed also that the email mentioned DLNA/ UPnP. I still cringe when I remember my UPnP experiences with my previous Naim equipment, but I know many here want it, so that is a credit to Devialet. It is part of the future Dev OS software. (Old news I know). I mention this in relation to the thread topic; the upgrade contains or accommodates operability and functions in addition to sound quality improvements. Teaches an old box new tricks, so to speak.

...... the power of the upgrade force is growing stronger.....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Damon - 30-Aug-2016, 18:44