Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(29-Aug-2016, 22:45)Damon Wrote: Nope, not me. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not annoyed by their humorous marketing, nor am I offended by the upgrade option, strategy or pricing. In fact, I'm even more impressed that with the Pro series they have, according to the ears of some others here, made a remarkable improvement to an already outstanding line of musical amplification products.

Best in the world? No such thing, not with amplifiers or speakers or any other component. If you have found something you like better, off you go. But it is not a cost equivalent; as you admit, you will need a (an expensive) DAC and a (an expensive) phono stage, plus cables at whatever price point seems required. Oh, and a streamer. If Gryphon is charging the equivalent of a D440 Pro, and you're not getting a DAC or streamer or phono stage, then perhaps they are the arrogant company. 

I'm not a hi-fi hobby person- I don't play with the gear as a pastime, so I haven't been chomping at the bit over the upgrade, or been driven to shop again by the announcement. I probably don't qualify as a long time owner (Feb 2015) but I'm loyal because I love the sound my D120 makes. It is remarkable for the price. Their marketing or upgrade policy, pricing or communications have done nothing to change my opinion of the product or the company.

Damon, you have made some really good points on this forum but this post of yours was an exception. I'm actually struggling a bit to even see what point you are trying to make here.

First of all it is obvious, here as well as elsewhere, that you do not belong to that group of owners who are considering to move away from Devialet. Does it not become tiresome for you to point out that fact every time you read about another member considering such a move? 

Secondly, the upcoming hardware upgrade, the practicalities and costs surrounding it and Devialet's way of handling the entire thing has had a very different effect on different people and for various reasons. Some are not upset, some are and others enough so to leave Devialet for this reason or for others. Do you honestly think it is nice to ridicule those members? For this is exactly what you are doing here by commenting on my post in this manner. You are not funny but simply disrespectful and "oh" arrogant.

//Martin
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by MightyMart - 30-Aug-2016, 19:26