Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(25-Sep-2016, 17:41)drdkey Wrote: This is exactly why I am leaving Devialet. I bought the original Premier and then upgraded to the D250! AIR has been an intermittently functioning headache!!!! To milk more money out of someone who was promised a lot with the last upgrade is ridiculous. I also agree with those recommending not upgrading any further unless there is an improvement in SQ. If I did the next upgrade I would have spent $25,000 for this all on one system. There are many great component setups for this price which will match and/or surpass the SQ for this price.

Of course the question to ask is whether you're going to get the same or better sound quality when you sell your Devialet and buy something else compared to doing the upgrade. And how much is selling/buying going to cost?

Feelings about Devialet aside, upgrading might just be the way to go if you can look at it objectively.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Pim - 25-Sep-2016, 20:38