Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(16-Oct-2016, 19:14)Theatermax Wrote: ...

The 220 doesn't diminish or make the 200 less valuable in any way. Actually we have seen a very nice bump in resale value of the 200's since the 220's launched. 

Are you joking? The upgrade program allowing 120's to be upgraded to a 220 pro for the same price as a 200 has killed the 200 value dead. They're mostly being sold for practically the same as a 120.

I'd probably word my comments differently, but I agree with Antoine's sentiment - it's a bit odd when dealers cut in with their love of Devialet, probably more so after only a handful of posts here. It's pretty hard not to see through it, and I also think it totally misses the emotional state of a lot of Devialet owners right now.  They didn't all wake up having decided Devialet had upset them overnight in their sleep - it's Devialets attitude and actions over the last year or more that caused it.

BTW, would you have felt the same about your expensive 2016 Porsche if it cutout every couple of miles at random throughout your ownership, while Porsche dodged any questions about it and told you you weren't driving it properly? Or if they sold you a model telling you it was the flagship - the limited edition pinnacle of their R&D efforts - and then shortly after you paid for it announced a better model? Just sayin'.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Oct-2016, 21:49