Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(16-Oct-2016, 19:14)Theatermax Wrote: Years after Devi released the 200 they came up with some incredible upgrades and all the way down to the chassis being completely updated and made of all copper. This is a totally new machine with changes to many things and allows for better sound and more things in the future like new streaming cards etc. Your 200 was 9500 and the new machine lists for 11000. About a 16 percent price increase. My Porsche list price hardly changed and it still cost me 25% of the retail to get the new model.

The 220 doesn't diminish or make the 200 less valuable in any way. Actually we have seen a very nice bump in resale value of the 200's since the 220's launched. 

Just my 2 cents

Craig
Theatermax.com
20 Years of Audio Excellence.
Craig
Congrats on your NEW Porsche for 25% cost.
I would love to get a new or upgraded D400 for 25% of the list when I purchased it last September.
For me to upgrade based on the 5995.00 euro, $7200.00 us, that equals 40% of the list price at the time of purchase
to have your own unit rebuilt, not exchanged for a new one. 
Unless you know something that I do not, my year old D400 is worth around 10K usd on the used market, base on the current value of my D400
today the upgrade is 70% of the value, I do not think that is good value, so i'm going to have to think about it.
Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by BrianT - 16-Oct-2016, 22:44