Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
I ust do not see where the VFM is here with the upgrade program (except if you are a 120 owner). What worries me though is that Devialet will just cease support on the superseded Expert range. We might get basic firmware upgrades for operational purposes, but that's about it AFAICT. So for me, buying my 200 with the promise of Spark compatibility to come (via Dialogue) I feel somewhat cheated by Devialet.

I have no inclination to give them anymore of my money, and I can sit, hopefully, happy with the fact that my 200 sounds just as good as it did yesterday. I have made other contingencies for not having Spark/Dialogue or a flaky up-to-recently AIR capability. But that cost me (a lot), and there seems no 'guilty recompense' from Devialet in their upgrade pricing. It would have gone a long way if they had shown some acknowledgement to the non-deliverance of features that were high profile in the marketing of the Expert range originally, and made these upgrades much more affordable.

The new streaming board, for example, should be free (or basic part cost) to everybody, existing Experts as well as Pro's without the implication that it will only fit the new Pro's. If that is the case, how do existing streaming boards fit the new Pro innards and be replaced next year. I read that as the connections will be the same, this year / next year regardless.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by AllenB - 17-Oct-2016, 13:26