Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(17-Oct-2016, 09:01)NickB Wrote: My wife is/was (just retired) a financial adviser and in all the time she worked at it she never once mentioned buying HiFi equipment as a money making idea. Not sure why anyone considers any HiFi gear as having any guaranteed investment potential. Fairly certain that the point of buying it is the pleasure it gives you listening to it or looking at it perhaps, if you are expecting anything else especially long term investment possibilities I think you may be in the wrong area.

Ha! you have to be kidding here don't you? No-one has said that hi-fi is a money making investment, but one should be able to achieve 50% re-sale or trade-in on high-end hi-fi. Devialet have blown that out of the water with their 'upgrade program'. Interesting to see what dealers get out of all this, not much, if anything, would be my estimation. They certainly don't have any margins to work with on trade-ins.

As for financial advice, my sale of high end Naim did more for me than my PPP ('financially-advised') running for years has ever done. And at least, I got huge enjoyment out of my hi-fi in the meantime.

As per usual, your post is incredibly condescending.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by AllenB - 17-Oct-2016, 13:47