Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(17-Oct-2016, 13:26)AllenB Wrote: I ust do not see where the VFM is here with the upgrade program (except if you are a 120 owner). What worries me though is that Devialet will just cease support on the superseded Expert range. We might get basic firmware upgrades for operational purposes, but that's about it AFAICT. So for me, buying my 200 with the promise of Spark compatibility to come (via Dialogue) I feel somewhat cheated by Devialet.

I have no inclination to give them anymore of my money, and I can sit, hopefully, happy with the fact that my 200 sounds just as good as it did yesterday. I have made other contingencies for not having Spark/Dialogue or a flaky up-to-recently AIR capability. But that cost me (a lot), and there seems no 'guilty recompense' from Devialet in their upgrade pricing. It would have gone a long way if they had shown some acknowledgement to the non-deliverance of features that were high profile in the marketing of the Expert range originally, and made these upgrades much more affordable.

The new streaming board, for example, should be free (or basic part cost) to everybody, existing Experts as well as Pro's without the implication that it will only fit the new Pro's. If that is the case, how do existing streaming boards fit the new Pro innards and be replaced next year. I read that as the connections will be the same, this year / next year regardless.

As a owner of Expert and Phantom and user of Spark I really can only say if Devialet only give the possibility to use Spark/Dialog with the streamerboard then it is not worth much to me.....

Spark have so many problems that I dont use it right now. In Tidal it dont remember Hifi settings but revert to 320kbps. Sometimes in a playlist when you skip a song it takes so long time for it to change song that you hit skip again and then it gets stuck and when it gets back to life it losses the whole list. 

If I run Tidal through it's own app on my Chromecast or Bubble upnp through Chromecast with Tidal everything is ok so clearly it is a problem with Spark/Dialog. 

Just get Roon and stop messing around with Spark.

I use Roon and AIR3 with my D400 and that works without any problems and have done so since AIR3 came along. I have used Spark for a week and not one day without a problem  Dodgy
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by octaviars - 17-Oct-2016, 15:23