Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(17-Oct-2016, 18:55)AllenB Wrote: Completely agree with octaviars, Roon would be just about the only thing for me to regret not upgrading, but I just don't see Devialet bowing to superior software, they will want everybody to use Spark, which starts out as archaic, based on UPnP protocols.

@Confused you are right also, things are improved dramatically by finding alternate routes to music, I use a microRendu and Roon. The point is though that Devialet should have been so ashamed of what they promised and failed to deliver, that the upgrade program should have respected that. Instead, they are pretty much saying, you have to upgrade at exorbitant cost, or be left behind. Well geee, thanks Devialet.

I bought Devialet to get off the upgrade merry-go-round.

In my two systems I consider Spark/Dialog to be a much bigger problem than AIR3. I used AIR3 since it came out and got white noise twice and I know what caused it (if I start my computer and starts playback in Roon before I have turned on my amp I get white noise so I dont do this) so not a problem for me.
Spark on the other hand dont work well at all and compared to Roon it is way behind I have used upnp apps that works better. If I knew it was this bad I could have ditched the Dialog and run my Chromecast directly to my Phantom via toslink and either Tidal directly or through Bubble upnp app and saved the money. 
Perhaps Devialet will fix this but if this is what they want us to use with the new streamerboard I would not recommend anyone to do that.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by octaviars - 17-Oct-2016, 19:23