Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
I used to seriously think Devialet wouldn't add Roon. But each time I look at the partners list I just think 'how could they not do it?'. Offering Spark as the only solution, when many other high end brands are RoonReady (or plan to be) just seems like lunacy. Which of course often turns out to be what Devialet does.

But this time I'm taking a gamble. They will add Roon I'm sure, and I'll be b*****ed if I'm going to hold out until next year only to find out that they have, and that the streamer card then cost extra money, and the upgrade window has closed and all the bargains gone. Then I'd really be upset.

The way I see it, if they add Roon I'll have a free streamerboard and be ecstatic that I finally have the AIR-like system I bought into, but thankfully without AIR. If they don't I can sell it at a higher price than I'd get for my 200. Or if I don't like the upgrade anyway, I can again sell with less loss, and if I do I get more enjoyment in the meantime.

That's about as logical and unemotional as I could be about it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Oct-2016, 19:43