Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
By all accounts the jump in SQ from 200 to 220 PRO is substantial, I am hearing this from many quarters. 

If SQ is the most important factor, and funds or overdraft facilities (!) permit it, then it's a no brainer. I'm pretty confident of that.

Of course it's very annoying to hand money over to Devialet given how poor they have been at communicating with their customer base and their inability/unwillingness in the past to address the AIR issue. 

And despite Quentin Sannié saying back in July: "I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you" I am not sure this has really happened. Yes we have seen some improvements but those improvements have been pretty limited in scope, and as far as I can see limited to some fairly decent interaction on the "Love is in the AIR" thread on Devialet's website, essentially an AIR beta testing feedback forum. Quentin Sannié's promises hinted at a much broader effort, something that I haven't seen happen yet.

If they really wanted to understand our needs they should ask us for starters what we want from Devialet OS for PRO. Open up a new thread on their support pages and start interacting! They could even send out a survey to all Expert owners asking them how they currently use their amplifiers and what developments they would most like to see in the future. 

Not only would they gather a lot of very interesting data they would also start to look like a company that actually cares. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by GuillaumeB - 20-Oct-2016, 10:59