Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(20-Oct-2016, 10:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Upgrading: You refresh the resale value of your Devialet, probably at least by the amount you pay for the upgrade. You get a streamer board for free should it ever materialise, and there is at least the chance that it will be technical possibile for it to handle Roon. As a bonus you'll probably get a degree of increased SQ, and a platform that all future firmware will likely be optimised for.

Now this is where my mental calculator is having a bit of a problem because  as far as I can see the s/h price of a D200 is about £3k at the moment (that might be optimistic, i don't know). The upgrade price to D220 is £3k but I can't see the resale price of an upgraded model being as high as £6k.  A quick search shows retail for a brand new D220Pro is about £7k so an upgraded s/h model is probably going to be worth less than £6k and maybe closer to £5k?

[edit] - more mental calculations:
Sell D200 now - get £3k
Upgrade D200 to D220Pro - cost £3k, s/h value (say) £5.5k. So the upgrade effectively costs £500.
I'm talking myself into this...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Rufus McDufus - 20-Oct-2016, 11:18