Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(20-Oct-2016, 13:36)Hifi_swlon Wrote: As to Confused's pondering of forgetting the streamer board and making the upgrades cheaper - I guess they didn't want to do that since the board will cost them a lot less than 1500 Euro to make, and they don't know if anyone will buy it. It's just a tool to drum up more upgrade interest, and maybe try and take the sting out of their pricing.

Yes, I wondered this.  If you take the design and development costs as a lump sum, I am guessing the actual production cost of each streamer board is fairly low.  Sub $100?  Maybe less?

Although they could still reduce the upgrade price. If they planned to sell the streamer board for Euro 1500 or whatever, this would make up the profit. Assuming they were confident it would sell in numbers. That is probably a big assumption, and leads us to where we are now.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Confused - 20-Oct-2016, 13:44