Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
Surprisingly, the idea of the free streamer board was a bit of a draw for me.
Yeah, I surprised myself more than anything. Thing is, you can only be wrong so many times, and so far I've been way off the mark second-guessing Devialet. So this could be the big one - a top flight streamerboard rivalling all competitors, and built into the experts, and free.

Just saying. It could happen.

Also I just wrote this in the Roon thread but it seems somehow relevant here now:

So, apparently the board will be an optional extra on the pro in 2017. At Euro 1,500.

I'm still struggling to see how they'll manage it - will they keep manufacturing the old board to ship free for those that won't want the new one? Seems unlikely. Or provide nothing - no Ethernet or USB? Seems more unlikely. The only thing I can think is (if they stick to their word) it will be an optional extra only in that you have to pay more for a pro, which includes the 'pro' streamer board. Ie the pros go up in price.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Hifi_swlon - 20-Oct-2016, 13:53