Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(20-Oct-2016, 14:19)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(20-Oct-2016, 13:56)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Oct-2016, 13:32)AllenB Wrote: Too true @Confused, I want to kick their butts, but I absolutely love the sound of the Devialet's.

No one wants to kick their butts more than I do for obvious reasons! In many ways I feel as though I took one for the team.

The fact that we now have to wait a minimum of 9 months (I cannot imagine the OS board being ready before July 2017) before the upgrade doesn't particularly help. That's 9 more months reading on here about how amazing the 1000 PRO is (and the rest of the range too!). I've only had my O d'A since April and I already knew about a better flagship model coming in May thanks to the leaked rumours from the now infamous Versailles conclave.

I'm sure if I put my Od'A on the market now it would be a struggle to sell since this special, limited edition has been completely devalued as far as I'm concerned. 

With all that said, I still think people should upgrade and make the most of these latest innovations.

Guillaume

I'm absolutely not wishing to undermine your suffering - because I would have been beyond livid in the same position - but since we're being a bit philosophical, I do think the OdA will turn out to be a good buy.

Three generations down the line, everyone else will have forked out multiple times for upgrades - many  stressing each time about whether they can afford it or whether it's worth it - meanwhile you'll get your labels and off yours goes and comes back upgraded and like new. You'll have saved a fortune.

Once the current fiascos over, the OdA could easily become the ultimate and most desirable machine because its limited edition and constantly the best. This story will just add to its colourful history, making it even more desirable.

Ok right now you probably don't feel great and I don't think anyone can understand why there's such a long wait for you for the upgrade - if they're that worried about the case in transit send an engineer to do it at your house or fly it first class on a plane. undoubtedly OdA purchasers were deceived at worst or seriously neglected at best, but you will always have the flagship model and won't have to spend another penny.

My understanding is that the upgrades aren't for life but simply to take it to full 1000 PRO spec. I believe this has been queried by other forum members and confirmed by Devialet support. 

My suggestion to Devialet is that they think of something to put the O d'A slightly ahead of the 1000 PRO, and I'm not just talking about the colour of the chassis or the limited edition numbering. Frankly being first in line for the Devialet OS doesn't quite cut it for me.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by GuillaumeB - 20-Oct-2016, 15:35