Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(20-Oct-2016, 20:08)Jaxwired Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 02:31)mdconnelly Wrote: In truth, the existing Experts are exceptional products.  Jump off the merry-go-round and you can be a very happy camper for a long time.   As long as you stop reading DevialetChat,  stop reading about what new and awesome technologies are available. stop thinking there's something better out there.  Because there will always be something better, and it will cost a significant chunk of change.... and we will want it.

To be honest, I highly doubt that anyone will be able to hear a clear jump in sound quality.  I strongly doubt that the new pro line even sounds different enough for us to detect with any consistency.  Of course, I still want to upgrade anyway.    Rolleyes

I will say my 400 continues to leave me wanting nothing.  My only real concern with skipping the upgrade is being left behind permanently missing future improvements.

I've had a 220 Pro now for about 5 days - still breaking in.  I'd be surprised if you couldn't hear the difference.  Bass,  extension,  dimensionality... Hey, it's not night and day, but spend a bit of time with it and I'm certain you'll notice the improvements.  It's still the Devialet house sound quality we've known and loved. Can't quite imagine someone loving a 200 or 400 but not liking the Pro version even more (well, other than not liking the upgrade price ;-)

I still have my 200 and plan to do some comparisons in the next few days once I feel the 220 Pro breakin is largely complete.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by mdconnelly - 20-Oct-2016, 21:50