Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!!
(05-Aug-2016, 16:52)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(04-Aug-2016, 04:17)dkoretz Wrote:
(04-Aug-2016, 03:26)Adams Wrote: If you were to compare your golds against the silvers at a volume of 70 would you say the golds are any louder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Gold's are significantly louder. That actually made it a pain in the ass, because when you turn up all speakers in a whole house situation, it didn't feel like they turned up evenly.

Haven't tested enough and traveling on business at the moment... so I'm going from memory. 

In my living room (which is pretty large) I couldn't go past 60 on the Gold's without it being painful to listen to  Big Grin

dkoretz, thanks for your feedback!

Are the Golds (volume) good for brain music? You know, music that doesn't need to be loud? Do the Golds sound louder too, at low volumes, compared to the Silvers?

Thanks!

I mostly listen to music fairly quietly as ambient background, so I would say yes. The only thing is that I personally feel like the Devialet's (both Gold and Silver) don't really shine until they are at 35-40 or so. Below that the nuance is lost on me. 

The Golds definitely sound louder to me at equivalent volumes, but to be honest I haven't had enough time with them. I started traveling for work. Will enjoy them more when I'm back mid next week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - by dkoretz - 05-Aug-2016, 20:53