Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
Friends,

Thanks for all the replies. I really do appreciate them. I know that the easy answer would be, 'decide for yourself; your ears, your money'. And that would be valid, certainly.

I have the money, but for me, it is a lot of money; enough that for the cost along I need to be very certain that I will be happier with the new amp than the money. Or else I need to be willing to forgo other purchases in favour of the amp. We do listen to music every day, but rarely do I find the time, or perhaps make the time, to sit and just listen to music. So does that make the serious cash outlay less logical?

I don't know much about the streaming board, but it does come free with the sept - dec upgrade, and that too will add some residual value down the road. And the cost of the upgrade may change in the future, or become unavailable. But that is speculation either way.

One other thought is that if I was looking to spend $5 - 6K on the system, would that be the best way to do so? Oddly, if I was forced to change a component in my system, I'd keep the amp and find new speakers, though I do love the Lawrence Audio speaker. Cables? Power cords?

If the cost were relatively easy to manage, I'd do it for sure. If there was a less expensive upgrade to a D130 Pro, I'd certainly lean that direction. I almost feel like I'm trying to anticipate the potential for regret. Will I regret spending the money or will I regret not having the upgrade?

Anyhow, my thanks again for the excellent comments. I appreciate that you took the time to offer considered, helpful replies to a vague and difficult question.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - by Damon - 30-Oct-2016, 18:56