Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
Good thoughts about the long term, both for my use and for future developments. If the 200 >200P was a big jump in SQ, then the 120 > 220P would be equally dramatic at least. The extra physical connections could be a real bonus as well, and add some future-proofing capability.

One thing that has occurred to me is remembering that change from Naim to the D120 made a huge improvement to the sound that came out of my system, and that was consistent using all of the different speakers that I had at the time; ProAc, Neat and GamuT. Changing the speakers never gave me the improvement in clarity, micro-dynamics, and detail that the Devialet gave. Changing speakers did not do what the amp did; the amp was more important. So thinking that way, getting more of the Devialet may be the way to get even more 'goodness' into speakers that I'm totally happy with.

Plus from time to time I find my wife threatening neighbourhood tranquility with John O'callaghan or London Grammar, so the extra power won't go to waste either. Smile
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - by Damon - 31-Oct-2016, 00:50