Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
(07-Nov-2016, 13:23)GuillaumeB Wrote: Paul Messenger in 2009 writing about the Fact 8:

"The balance isn't entirely neutral, as the upper midband is a little 'forward', the more so because the upper bass and lower mid are just a shade shy. This tends to overemphasise detail slightly, which is arguably beneficial, but it can also add a touch of aggression when the volume is turned up high."

I wonder if this isn't just a case of a lack of synergy between the 200 and Fact 8? I imagine with something like a Linn system the Fact 8 would be fantastic as Linn can be a little polite with their presentation. Personally I've been quite impressed with PMC speakers, for e.g. at Windsor a couple of years ago. Can't remember what they were partnered with now...

Guillaume

Wow, you know your reviews! Wink

There's almost definitely some truth in that.

But right now the only change in my system is the removal of the 200, and the facts certainly sound more pleasing in the treble. The aggressive, fatiguing edge has gone at least.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a - by Hifi_swlon - 07-Nov-2016, 13:45