Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy
(02-Sep-2016, 12:14)Pim van Vliet Wrote: This is purely speculation but I can't see Devialet building a streamer board that doesn't sound fantastic.

It's more about functionality (which streaming services / protocols are supported and how well they're implemented) rather than SQ per-se, although many seem to think the current USB input is relatively weak in terms of SQ out. I may have missed something but as far as I can tell functionality-wise nothing was added to the current streamer board during its entire lifespan - let's hope that was more technical limitations rather than a sign of things to come.

The possibility of streaming to my 200 as a RoonReady endpoint over Ethernet, with volume control etc, would make me happy (ignoring the fact that that's what I thought I was getting - conceptually at least - with AIR in the first place). Since I use RAAT on a number of devices and it's flawless, I'd know that if it didn't work with the Devialet then it's a Devialet issue. I'd want to know all this and know it was reliable and sounded good before I parted with any money. That's assuming they actually make it RoonReady of course - I get the impression that Devialet's communication skills are the same with partner companies as they are with end users so who knows...

If it all worked and Roon was supported, would I pay 1500 Euros for the privilege? Unlikely, but I would at least consider it - and not because I think it's good value even ignoring the past, but it would be a means to an end and to close a chapter once and for all. Looks like that's a moot question anyway if they're sticking to the 'only available for pro' line. Would I pay 3000 to upgrade (assuming it will be extended), so I can have it. Unlikely again.

Personally, I think it's a bl***y cheek to not let us all have the card for free - at least anyone thats had ongoing support cases for AIR throughout their ownership, and who have spent extra money circumventing the issues. But that's just me.

If you're upgrading anyway and only really care about SQ from the amps and any streamer board would be a bonus if it worked, then that's a pretty good attitude to have really. No chance of disappointment.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by cesri - 09-Aug-2016, 17:27
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by NickB - 09-Aug-2016, 21:14
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by PhilP - 10-Aug-2016, 19:30
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by cesri - 11-Aug-2016, 11:38
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by brit - 11-Aug-2016, 09:01
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by cesri - 11-Aug-2016, 11:52
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by NickB - 11-Aug-2016, 19:40
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by NickB - 11-Aug-2016, 21:11
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by oelli - 12-Aug-2016, 14:40
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by NickB - 12-Aug-2016, 08:07
RE: Devialet upgrading (bad) policy - by style - 31-Aug-2016, 18:37