Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H?
Hi Folks:
I got D200 in a used market couple of months ago and really like the SQ over my NAD M22, which I had in my system for less than 4 months :-) At lower volumes, both units sound alike, but when you crank it up a little, D200 outshines it in all department.
I have no interest in upgrading it to D220 due to unreasonable cost for US customers. I'm thinking about 2 possible options. I can only choose one of them at a time.

Option 1 - Get a companion unit around $4500.  All the feedback suggests that D400 is a significant upgrade over D200. I'm scratching my head on this since D200 does such a good job. My speakers are Pioneer S1-ex which have a nominal impedance of 6 ohms per the specs. So, they are not really power hungry.
Option 2 - Get Aurender N100H for around $2300.  I have heard/read great things about this unit and how it is a significant upgrade to my existing Squeezebox touch with USB output.  I'm not sure about how the SQ compares to AIR3. Since I'm not going to be upgrading to D220, I'll not be in a position to get a new streamer board when it becomes available. 

Which option do you think makes sense and why ?

Thanks..

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H? - by sam1000 - 13-Aug-2016, 19:33