Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H?
Hi Sam, I was in the same position myself (sort of) earlier this year, and bought a second (used) D200. Adding this made a HUGE difference to power, soundstage, presence and bass energy of my system - to the point where I'd always want to retain a dual mono amp from now on rather than a stereo one.

Coincidentally, around the exact same time, I also bought a N100H to replace an Auralic Aries. Again a huge jump in sound quality, and a really nicely made piece of equipment to own and use. However, in the last few months I've been experimenting with Roon using a RPi, and the sound quality is close to the Aurender, for a negligible/peanuts cost. Had I heard the Roon/RPi combo I might not have bought the Aurender, much as I like it.

My view would be to go for the second Devialet as there lots of new, inexpensive and innovative streaming solutions appearing now, but the impact of adding the second Devialet (for me) was really dramatic.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H? - by Unclemonty - 14-Aug-2016, 19:10