Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ?
Ouch - both speakers! It could have been four drivers for me so I suppose I was lucky.

These things happen I suppose - I used to be more paranoid, but since they'd survived so far I thought I was worrying too much. Well, plus I had my own to worry about.

Parents-wise, I think a lot of people (even with good incomes and a taste for nice stuff) have no idea how expensive hifi stuff is. Lots of friends get that flashy cars, houses, bikes, even big TVs all cost money - but most just think speakers come with the music system or whatever. Generally Sonos or whatever serves their sounds. That's not having a dig - just seems very few people appreciate it. Only person that even noticed them (immediately) was a sound engineer friend.

Anyway, hearing from the viewpoint of a seven year old - 'it looked really like it wanted you to touch it, like a button' and 'I thought it would pop back out'. Hard to disagree really. I have thought about what it might feel like myself, and whether it would pop back out. Now I know and I didn't even get to enjoy it!  Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ? - by Hifi_swlon - 14-Aug-2016, 09:24