Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker upgrade rather than pro
I think that your list is good, and speakers are very personal. There is always a tendency to recommend the speakers that we, ourselves, have bought. And so, in that spirit, I'll recommend Lawrence Audio. I have the Violin SE, and I think they are fabulous. I also listened to Harbeth SHL5+, PMC, Sonus Faber OlyII, B&W 805D, and some smaller models. Overall, I think the Violin SE is better speaker. For me and my ears, so I'd recommend it for a listen. Their Cello might be more in line with the budget you have.

But what we know, or have heard enough to recommend for a listen, depends on what is available in our area. I can get Magico, or Revel, or Wilson, but haven't listened to them for any useful length of time. I can't get Beonicke, or Davone, or any number of other interesting brands. The SAM list includes a whole bunch of speakers I've never heard of, so who knows what I might be missing.

You haven't told us what speakers you have now, or what else you've heard that you liked. Give us a hint....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 21-Aug-2016, 14:11
RE: Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by Damon - 24-Aug-2016, 00:57
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 25-Aug-2016, 13:05
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 25-Aug-2016, 13:30
RE: Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by FDPDK - 25-Aug-2016, 21:19
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 26-Aug-2016, 05:08