Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Wall mount
Hi,

I just rang my dealer to order a wall mount. He told me that he spoke to Devialet and that they're going to announce "a substantial price drop" Smile. He's going to ring me later with the new price, so I'll post as soon as I find out.

Best wishes to all,

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
You dont need the wall mount in order to put the amp on the wall. Two scroues 290 mm apart will do the trick
(30-Sep-2014, 14:47)Norway Wrote: You dont need the wall mount in order to put the amp on the wall. Two scroues 290 mm apart will do the trick
I'm not sure that hanging the D on two screws will give enough air circulation to keep it cool. Have you thought of the sonic implications of having the amp hanging on two screws? Surely it will be exposed to vibration, flapping around like a sock on the washing line. Big Grin
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Then use 4! Exactly the same 4 screws that are used on the D wall Mount. The plexiglass D wall Mount will not add more circulation.
The price of the wall mount is now £159
(30-Sep-2014, 20:27)Axel Wrote:
(30-Sep-2014, 14:47)Norway Wrote: You dont need the wall mount in order to put the amp on the wall. Two scroues 290 mm apart will do the trick
I'm not sure that hanging the D on two screws will give enough air circulation to keep it cool. Have you thought of the sonic implications of having the amp hanging on two screws? Surely it will be exposed to vibration, flapping around like a sock on the washing line. Big Grin

Not really.

If the screws are screwed in just the right amount so there is no backlash and the top screws used the center of gravity will guarantee that the lower 2 feet are also in contact with the watt, so no problem waving about.

Also the air circulation under the case is blocked either by the mounting perspex spacer or by the wall, there is an air passage in neither, so the cooling will be the same for both. In fact since the heat transfer from feet to wall may well be better than to a lump of acrylic the cooling could be minutely better mounted directly to the wall.
The only benefit of the mounting frame as far as I can see is a bit more space for cable dressing.
Plus a bit more profit for the maker Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Quote:The price of the wall mount is now £159
That's a much better price!

Thank you for your replies, I have screwed two vertical battens to the wall, with the 4 D mounting screws fixed into them. This gives about 20mm air clearance behind the amp. I can see that this will aid cooling, but I just don't like it and will be buying the official mount. Call me anal, or a completist, but, hey.....
South Coast England
My 400 Master is down from the wall. It turned out that the my log home (solid timber) absorbs almost all the energy in the radio communication to the unit from both the remote and WIFI. I lost contact with the network and the remote had to be within 1,5 m in order to work. I got the same effect with the master placed horizontally but placed all the way back to the wall. 10 cm. from the wall an everything works fine again.
So placing a Devialet on the wall will not work in a log house made of solid timber. Now you know in case you are considering mowing to Norway
This does not apply to Tjuvholmen ...

Best regards,
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(01-Oct-2014, 09:01)Gavin @ Guildford Audio Wrote: The price of the wall mount is now £159

Hi Gavin

I've sent you a PM regarding this.
South Coast England