Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction with D400 and B&W 800D
(14-Oct-2016, 16:49)Soniclife Wrote: The reason I asked about near field is the following appears in most stereophile reviews....

"The bump in the upper bass is entirely due to the nearfield measurement technique used to capture the drivers' low-frequency behavior"

My guess is your SAM measurement is similar, but I'm guessing.

Oh I might be slow here, are you using room correction, and then adding SAM afterwards to the corrected response?

Thanks. No room correction in place and eq on devialet is flat.

Its interesting that when SAM is at 100% the largest effect (from the screen grab) is at 15hz. Open E on a bass guitar is 41hz, and low B is 31hz so this is well below that.

In my opinion (and as a bass player), the audible effect to music is that with SAM@100% - bass guitar sounds fuller, but somewhat un-naturally forward in the mix. With SAM@0% bass sounds better - tight, distinct but not over represented in the mix and better than SAM switched off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet

Messages In This Thread
Room correction with D400 and B&W 800D - by dbilling64 - 14-Oct-2016, 17:47