Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Ensemble System
http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/p...pt2014.pdf
I've generally heard good things about SAM, but that's by far the most unambiguously positive review I've come across.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(02-Oct-2014, 18:52)ozthepoz Wrote: I've generally heard good things about SAM, but that's by far the most unambiguously positive review I've come across.

The GT1 SE (Devialet version) has the TCC filter that delays the tweeter so it is time-coherent with the bass/mid. According to Atohm ".. optimum measurement is obtained on the tweeter axis. That being said, the best listening position is also a question of taste (depending of the ratio direct /reverberated sound in your room and compromise between sound balance and soundstage)"

This is a very interesting speaker design. I believe a few posters on this forum uses the GT1 in their system. Would be nice to have views from them.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Oct-2014, 13:49)ogs Wrote:
(02-Oct-2014, 18:52)ozthepoz Wrote: I've generally heard good things about SAM, but that's by far the most unambiguously positive review I've come across.

The GT1 SE (Devialet version) has the TCC filter that delays the tweeter so it is time-coherent with the bass/mid. According to Atohm ".. optimum measurement is obtained on the tweeter axis. That being said, the best listening position is also a question of taste (depending of the ratio direct /reverberated sound in your room and compromise between sound balance and soundstage)"

This is a very interesting speaker design. I believe a few posters on this forum uses the GT1 in their system. Would be nice to have views from them.
Check out the SAM review in Hi-Fi+, just published and available on the Devialet site (see link in my posting earlier today).

I have the Atohm GT1 (Devialet edition) and love it. It has tons of WAF appeal, as it is white and isn't a tower and won't overwhelm a room. (Nothing against towers personally! Big Grin). I have not owned a lot of speakers in the past, just some Klipsh Forté speakers (original edition) for many years and then some Omega single driver speakers with accompanying subwoofers (in storage in the USA, as I am an expat on assignment in France). Anyhow, I love the GT1s with SAM and my Dev200. Plenty of bass and just a great integration of drivers. I won't try to mimic the audio reviewing press but the reviews of the Ensemble are spot on for me.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(06-Oct-2014, 14:56)Flashman Wrote: I won't try to mimic the audio reviewing press but the reviews of the Ensemble are spot on for me.

Thanks. My local Devialet dealer will soon have the GT1 on demo. I really look forward to a listening session. I had originally planned to buy a pair of Kef LS50, but now I am not so sure. Are you using stands with your GT1s?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(07-Oct-2014, 12:07)ogs Wrote:
(06-Oct-2014, 14:56)Flashman Wrote: I won't try to mimic the audio reviewing press but the reviews of the Ensemble are spot on for me.

Thanks. My local Devialet dealer will soon have the GT1 on demo. I really look forward to a listening session. I had originally planned to buy a pair of Kef LS50, but now I am not so sure. Are you using stands with your GT1s?

Ogs, I had also planned to buy the LS50s and understand they are really nice speakers (and also available on the SAM registry) that mate well with the Devialet. Anyway, I decided to buy the Atohm GT1s based on reviews (first time I have purchased without listening) and am glad I did. And, yes, I am using some metal stands made in the U.K. Hope your listening session goes well!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I had the ls50's and if you listen to music loudish , they wont to well at all , and worse if there are bass thwacks. Otherwise exceptional speakers
IMO , you HAVE to use em with a sub , firstly to severely limit anything below 80hz to them , this serves to relieve the bass unit and thus avoiding the hardness that creeps in at higher volumes/peaks and secondly , to give the music some body with instruments that go low..
I crossed over using a miniDSP unit (4x10) at 80hz with a 24db/oct slope and I crossed over my twin SVS SB13 ultra subs at around 100hz with the same order slope as the mains.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(08-Oct-2014, 07:36)Rodney Gold Wrote: I had the ls50's and if you listen to music loudish , they wont to well at all , and worse if there are bass thwacks.

Did you run the LS50 with SAM? I had some hopes that SAM would help take care of bass issues with LS50. I'd like to avoid introducing subwoofers, mostly because of space restrictions.
Devialetless!
Picked up some GT1's at the weekend (Thanks Gary).

I was also considering the LS50's but WOW I am very glad I opted for the Atohm's.

They look stunning and sound absolutely fantastic and sound within 90%+ of some of the larger speakers I've owned (Linn Komri, 350A & Isobarik's).

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
I neither have my devialet or G1 speakers yet .. so hadn't tried them with SAM..I havs sold the LS50's

I cant see how SAM can help in this regard , it obviously has some sort of limiter and DSP correction , but the kef uses small drivers that can't push air , no matter how you eq it. They also roll of quite high , so further limiting the bass to avoid the woofer distorting just cuts bass....
The woofer also acts as a waveguide for the concentric tweeter , so massive excursions will disrupt that.
If you arent a basshead and listen quite nearfield in a smallish room , and dont like loud , they do very well without a sub
The subs actually improved more than just bass , with them the soundstage widens appreciably ...
You could easily fit in something like a B&W pv1d or a pair of them without space being compromised
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room