Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect - Return on experience
(14-Sep-2016, 19:49)Johnnydev Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 09:09)Olivier4444 Wrote: I was about to go Sonos until a friend who has been using Sonos for years told me that since he bought the Phantoms he liked Spark better... Crazy right ? He said Sonos was less responsive when selecting songs and was surprised how fast he could switch from one song to another in comparison to Sonos. Do you confirm ? Now I'm a bit confused whether i should stick with Spark (which by the way should see new improvements with upcoming firmwares) or if i should go Sonos.

Go for spark

I cannot believe what I see  Huh I have been using Sonos for many many years.
I daily use Spotify, Tidal in my car, and I don't have the latest Spark up-date but in my book and probably 9 out of 10 also other users would say that Sonos is GREAT and the Benchmark of the Industry. No you don't get the full function of Spotify or Tidal or...but you can mix music from different playlists even different sources on the fly and the Sonos search function includes ALL sources you have. I NEED the multi-room functionality ) and many times  I use the Spotify Connect feature to the Phantoms WAY better than the Spark have even been. The App going into sleep-mode all the time and take ages to wake-up just e.g. to change a song. But what do I know ?... only listen to +5000 songs a year
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos Connect - Return on experience - by McChicken - 16-Sep-2016, 10:53