Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect - Return on experience
No worries at all.

Following on and thinking about the Sonos interface, Thumb5 uses a modded Sonos, and he indicated that most of his listening is sourcing music on his computer/ other hard drive. And I agree with him that the Sonos interface is really good at using a music source like iTunes (or whatever). And you mentioned that you do lots of playlist listening, using a variety of sources. I think that Sonos is good at that as well. Me personally, I rarely use playlists, but go to a source for an entire album. It just doesn't do what I wish it would do in terms of full navigation facility.

I've never even seen a Dialog or the spark app, but I imagine, or hope, that it would do everything that the Sonos system does with full interface functionality. That is just my pie-in-the-sky idea. Dialog with two wired or optical outputs; one into my D120 and the other into another amp to drive the kitchen speakers.

It is sort of amusing; I have occasional grief with my Sonos, which is by almost all accounts, a very stable system. But I never had AIR issues. Go figure.

Cheers.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos Connect - Return on experience - by Damon - 16-Sep-2016, 22:12