Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect - Return on experience
[/quote]
I used a ZP90 for a while until I discovered Roon. Now using a roon endpoint (initially Sonicorbitor SE but now a raspberry pi with hifiberry digi+). I don't notice a difference between either endpoint and Roon's interface is amazing and streams HD audio and integrates seamlessly wirh Tidal lossless.  Highly recommend Roon as you can make an endpoint for less than $100 and use the savings over a few sonos zp90's to fund lifetime subscription.  I also Roon endpoint into Oppo HA-1 with Hifiman HE-1000 headphones which is also great plus a few others for distribution to various rooms in house.
[/quote]

Have also looked at Roon, but as I'm using streaming to 100% ( Tidal + Spotify + Radio) and more or less NEVER listen to the ripped music on my NAS, since maybe a year since I had to change the whole WiFi network I could not get my NAS hooked up easily again, and honestly I don't miss it as my thing is to mostly listen to new music and not dwell in nostalgia.
What is the Positive and Negative, Sonos vs Roon when using streamed services
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos Connect - Return on experience - by McChicken - 19-Sep-2016, 08:07