Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Echo + Devialet Phantom = AMAZING!
Okay, so I spent a little time this morning making all my home automation dreams come true Smile

I can now control my entire home Devialet Phantom system and Spotify purely by voice.

The Amazon Echo won't work (it will only use it's internal speaker), but it's smaller sibling will. The current $89 echo dot, or even better, the new $49 Echo Dot (releasing October 20th) let's you connect to an external bluetooth speaker to drive audio. I was able to connect my Dot via Bluetooth very easily, and using Spotify Connect, I can now play, pause, change songs, select playlists, etc. purely by voice.

I'm working on a better way to do volume (thinking I might be able to raise the volume to 70 or so in Spark, and then give myself flexibility to raise/lower through the Echo Dot.

I tested the long range microphones and am able to speak at a regular voice anywhere in the rooms I've tried. I ordered two more to blanket the whole house, so I can walk around speaking to the Phantom Smile

BTW, if you haven't tried Amazon Echo, it's badass. Get weather, calendar, and thousands of other things by voice.

I don't know why this makes me so happy... but it definitely does   Big Grin
I like it. :-) question: does the echo dot stream Spotify audio to the phantoms via Bluetooth or does it remote control what the phantoms stream from Spotify (connect)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm wondering the same thing...
The Echo Dot is streaming Spotify via BlueTooth.

That said... shouldn't make a difference. More than enough bandwidth in BlueTooth 4.0 to deliver lossless audio (and even video).
5 Devialet Gold's on branch stands, remote, dialog. Spotify Connect and Amazon Echo Dot driving voice control.
(18-Sep-2016, 04:21)dkoretz Wrote: The Echo Dot is streaming Spotify via BlueTooth.

That said... shouldn't make a difference. More than enough bandwidth in BlueTooth 4.0 to deliver lossless audio (and even video).

Hmm... not 100% convinced that BT even if it's 4.0 will be as good or stable as the Spark + WiFi Spotify Connect that the Phantoms have built in.
And enabling the BT function on Phantoms, will make it possible for any neighbor to start playing music on your system ( yes the BT range is limited) and yes it have happen to some poor Phantom over 3am in the morning waking up to the Phantom(s) blasting at full volume.

But I understand your joy , sounds fun to be able to do voice control
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(20-Sep-2016, 10:26)McChicken Wrote:
(18-Sep-2016, 04:21)dkoretz Wrote: The Echo Dot is streaming Spotify via BlueTooth.

Hmm... not 100% convinced that BT even if it's 4.0 will be as good or stable as the Spark + WiFi Spotify Connect that the Phantoms have built in.
And enabling the BT function on Phantoms, will make it possible for any neighbor to start playing music on your system ( yes the BT range is limited) and yes it have happen to some poor Phantom over 3am in the morning waking up to the Phantom(s) blasting at full volume.

Yes, I have indeed been thrown out of bed at around 3am in the morning when my neighbor decided to play the 2xPhantom silvers in my apartment at 100%... They are located 3 meters from the bedroom with both doors open! Bluetooth turned OFF! Tongue
[/quote]

Yes, I have indeed been thrown out of bed at around 3am in the morning when my neighbor decided to play the 2xPhantom silvers in my apartment at 100%... They are located 3 meters from the bedroom with both doors open! Bluetooth turned OFF! Tongue
[/quote]

Hahaha so YOU were the poor bastard ... we early adopters always take a lot of crap
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(20-Sep-2016, 10:26)McChicken Wrote:

It's actually been bulletproof so far. Sadly, it's been MORE reliable than Spark has for me. I have periodic cutouts that I'm trying to diagnose. I have three Airport Extreme's connected via hardwire to broadcast and 500MB/sec fiber connection. 

It's worth the $50 for the rest of you guys to try it Smile

BTW, Echo on it's own is an awesome product. Goes beyond voice control of Devialet...
5 Devialet Gold's on branch stands, remote, dialog. Spotify Connect and Amazon Echo Dot driving voice control.
[/quote]

BTW, Echo on it's own is an awesome product. Goes beyond voice control of Devialet...
[/quote]

I will for sure try one, did see that Google also comes out with a similar product named "Home"

[/quote]

I will for sure try one, did see that Google also comes out with a similar product named "Home"
[/quote]

Google's is vaporware currently. It's just *supposed* to launch Smile