Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold measurements: a stunning web first!
(24-Sep-2016, 07:16)Gremlin Wrote: Whilst I am grateful to you for the time and effort that you have taken, none of your measurements can have any actual meaning unless they were done in at least a pseudo anechoic chamber. Otherwise, we are just seeing the responses of the speaker overlaid by those of the room in which the measurements were made. And the room is likely the dominant factor.

Unless there is something that you haven't told us about. Maybe.

Precisely. One hears loudspeakers in typical rooms, not anechoic chambers. I have no interest in seeing such measurements since they do not tell me how a speaker will behave in a typical room. Room effects are largely significant in the bass region, below 200 Hz. Beyond that, one usually gets a pretty accurate picture of the speaker's sound.

What I'm showing is how 99.9% of the professional world of acousticians and sound engineers measure speakers prior to room correction. A sound engineer wants to see how the speaker measures in his studio, and unless he's hugely rich, does not have access to an anechoic room. He typically has no interest in anechoic measurements.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Gold measurements: a stunning web first! - by srima - 24-Sep-2016, 12:29