Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cables for new set up
(06-Oct-2014, 07:12)Kunter Wrote:
(05-Oct-2014, 20:06)drdkey Wrote: Recently got my upgraded 250 connected to a new mac mini music server with the music stored on external hard drive. I am in the process of making sure that I shut down every unnecessary program on the mac mini. I am streaming through ethernet and the sound and responsiveness to the Apple remote on the iPad and itunes has been wonderful. The Devialet is connected to Magico speakers.
I am interested in input about USB-3 cables for the connection of the external hard drive to mac mini and ethernet cables. I currently am using a generic USB 3 and Cat 6 cables.
I do occasionally experience the drop out of a few seconds of music,so I not for sure yet whether that is do to not stripping the mac mini as much as I can or could it also be a cable issue?
Thanks

Ethernet cable between the Computer and Devialet is (I found) very important. I, like some other members here, use Audioquest Diamond Ethernet.

No experience on external disk connection USB cables. Would love to hear opinions.

However, you may watch the thread on Cubox for a quite different experience... No more Windows or Mac for me.

Cheers.

It sounds like you have the Devialet connected directly to the computer via the ethernet cable? If this is the case, then do you have the computer connected to the network via wifi? Thanks for the suggestion about the cubox

Messages In This Thread
Cables for new set up - by drdkey - 05-Oct-2014, 20:06
RE: Cables for new set up - by krass - 05-Oct-2014, 20:49
RE: Cables for new set up - by drdkey - 05-Oct-2014, 22:06
RE: Cables for new set up - by Kunter - 06-Oct-2014, 07:12
RE: Cables for new set up - by drdkey - 06-Oct-2014, 13:33
RE: Cables for new set up - by Kunter - 06-Oct-2014, 15:17
RE: Cables for new set up - by Antoine - 06-Oct-2014, 18:19