Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your general listening level ?
Comparisons like these are not really useful. Much depends of course on things like speaker sensitivity, room size, acoustics and distance between listening position and loudspeakers but even more on the general type of music one listens to. People playing classical music will have a higher average volume setting than those listening to pop/rock music which is much more compressed.

What of course one can compare is the avarage SPL (preferably in dBc) preferred at ones listening position. It's an objective value to compare one can measure using a dB meter. In general, when I really sit down for music to enjoy, I like to listen at an average of 75dBc. In my system/with my music this corresponds to -25dB to -18dB on the 250.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your general listening level ? - by Antoine - 02-Oct-2016, 14:16