Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1000pro vs Od'A
(10-Oct-2016, 16:08)GuillaumeB Wrote: The cheaper O d'As available on the market are sadly the result of Devialet devaluing this model long before the 1000 PRO even landed on our shores.

Great for anyone looking for a bargain but I can't say I feel good about it, having doled out £23k for the privilege of owning one.  Sad

What Devialet should do is prioritise all O d'A owners with a full 1000 PRO upgrade and actually they could go a step further and include something additional - over and above the OS board. With 60 engineers or whatever it is they employ I'm sure they can think of something. 

This would IMHO very quickly make the O d'A one of the most desirable models in the line up. 

Guillaume

Absolutely agree Guillaume.

I will restate that I'm very happy with my O d'A. However if I'd have known that a few weeks after I p/x'd my 800 for an O d'A, I would have had the option to take an upgrade of my 800 to 1000pro what would I have done? All that I can say for sure is that I would have still spent the money to get to the top spec device, but I now know that one route would have cost me more or less 50% than the other.

I understand the argument that is inherent with high tech purchases - something better is always on the lab desk and so on the day you choose to buy, you are also accepting your purchase will become obsolete.

However, for me this is about lack of disclosure and also about timing.

I'm a long-term Devialet customer, I bought a D-Prem when they were launched, I upgraded to 800's and now I have O d'A. I'm not sure about the $, but definitely in time terms, I've spent more time with Devialet in my setup than any other hifi brand. So practically when I became aware of the O d'A launch - it was a non-decision, I trusted the brand, I could afford it, done. That trust has now gone and in the future caveat emptor will definitely apply.

Finally, part of the joy of ownership of a flagship model of anything is the knowledge that it is exactly that - the very best that the manufacturer can do, period. I'm with Guillaume on this 100%, it would be great if Devialet could recognise this fact and put the O d'A back on the top rung, even for a short period of time to allow those of us who spent a significant premium to be there, the time to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
(09-Oct-2016, 21:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 12:06)wikeeboy Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 11:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Really cheap?!

Hmm, yes i take your point! I should have said really cheap, relative to the original RRP  Smile

What are they going for at the moment?
Given that they will be upgraded to 1000Pro status for free, they could be a bargain compared to the 1000Pro. Or are they still more expensive?

I am selling mine for 22,000 Euro, including insured shipment anywhere in the world.  Used only for a few hours.
(13-Oct-2016, 05:49)JRIGGS Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 21:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 12:06)wikeeboy Wrote: Hmm, yes i take your point! I should have said really cheap, relative to the original RRP  Smile

What are they going for at the moment?
Given that they will be upgraded to 1000Pro status for free, they could be a bargain compared to the 1000Pro. Or are they still more expensive?

I am selling mine for 22,000 Euro, including insured shipment anywhere in the world.  Used only for a few hours.

That was a short ownership....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Oct-2016, 14:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 05:49)JRIGGS Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 21:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote: What are they going for at the moment?

Well, a divorce will do that to you unfortunately.
(14-Oct-2016, 01:37)JRIGGS Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 05:49)JRIGGS Wrote: I am selling mine for 22,000 Euro, including insured shipment anywhere in the world.  Used only for a few hours.

Sorry to hear that...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Oct-2016, 01:37)JRIGGS Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 05:49)JRIGGS Wrote: I am selling mine for 22,000 Euro, including insured shipment anywhere in the world.  Used only for a few hours.

Sorry to hear that too....

Resale value wise, might be worth waiting until it's upgraded to Pro spec if you can?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yeah, thought of that but anyone who knows about the O d'A would know about the upgrade and take that into consideration. I think 22,000 is a good price considering its free upgradability.
Nudging this one back on topic....   So Mka, it's the weekend!  Is the O'dA / 1000 Pro shootout going ahead as planned? Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Yes! We're all waiting with bated breath... Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Mka did mention some nice wine featuring. I'm guessing it's an evening affair.... Then post-hangover write up Sunday.