Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phonostage in the Pro models?
(06-Nov-2016, 15:24)octaviars Wrote:
(06-Nov-2016, 13:25)Confused Wrote: I have just got my 1000 Pro set up.  One thing I was keen to check was if the phono stage is any quieter.  There have been some encouraging reports and one early review to suggest that the Pro phono stage is indeed very quiet.  Anyway, I have just tried the phono stage in my nice new Pro and unfortunately, the hiss level appears to be more or less the same as my 'old' D800.  This is a little disappointing.  To early to say if the phono stage is any better in other respects.

What pickup are you using.

If I was looking for a new MC pickup what output seems to be the best match with Devialet regarding the "hiss" problem.

As Soniclife said, the higher the output, the better. Anything over 0.5 mV will sound less "hissy" than lesser output cartridges.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: New phonostage in the Pro models? - by Axel - 06-Nov-2016, 16:20
New phonostage in the Pro models? - by Xander - 06-Nov-2016, 14:06
RE: New phonostage in the Pro models? - by jfp - 06-Nov-2016, 19:17