Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
(17-Oct-2014, 12:44)Confused Wrote: They told me that JRiver WASAPI was bit perfect via AIR???!!.......

On Windows everything that plays through WASAPI -in exclusive mode- is. Smile

A more general statement, also in response to Guillaume's post above; Kunter wrote it earlier: computer audio is easy, getting great/the best sound from a computer is the hard part. Smile And I fully agree with him. Of course purpose built music playback hardware (like CD players, streamers etc.) usually sounds at it's best out of the box without the (real) need for it's user to tweak and fiddle much.

For anyone exploring or building an -optimised- music server, be it based on Windows or Mac, avoiding AIR and using USB will get you better results. If you use a regular PC/Mac without any tuning/care to playback optimization I still think AIR ethernet is better. WiFi in my opinion should be avoided completely unless you live somewhere without any close neighbors.

O, personal opinion, Mac Mini is relatively expensive and difficult to optimize. I myself would never choose that solution. General, but carefully selected hardware will outperform the Mac mini, with a bigger bang for the buck, and do it easier. If you don't want to chase the best SQ possible and want a drop in, small, esthetically most 'correct' lifestyle kind of product then Mac Mini is your choice but don't expect it to outperform a purpose built streamer like, for example, an Aries or any optimized computer music server. Smile

(17-Oct-2014, 11:26)rik Wrote: I can feel a new topic coming on.

"A Simple guide to getting the best out of your Dev' with a Mac Mini"

Rik

Let me save you and others the work! Big Grin See:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...tep-17666/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC - by Antoine - 17-Oct-2014, 15:10