Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
(17-Oct-2014, 15:10)Antoine Wrote: Let me save you and others the work! Big Grin See:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...tep-17666/

I great link but you'd have to be out of your mind to do what tranz is suggesting. Better to build your own music server as Antoine and Kunter have done. I'm sure it would be less work and a lot cheaper Smile

Some of the modifications in the CA thread probably will have an impact on sound if you're using USB but I would guess that few would have any affect if you're using AIR?

Many of us would like to use Mac mini's or similar in our systems so that we have a choice of music library mgt and player s/w, want to use streaming services like Qobuz, have an easy way to do back-ups and have someone to call if things go wrong. Also many of us surprisingly don't want to get into computer DIY . It would be useful to this audience if anyone has non-invasive tips for improving sound from a Mac mini.

Perhaps using SSD rather than an internal HDD, adding a mains power conditioner (if they work bi-directionally as Guillaume has mentioned elsewhere) and disabling wi-fi would be good tweaks to try first?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC - by PhilP - 17-Oct-2014, 17:23