Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes AirPlay Running at 48kHz with 16/44.1 material
Hi ogs - Thanks for the ideas.

I have heard nothing from Jesus, plus he does not accept PM's on Computer Audiophile, so I guess it's a case of waiting and seeing if he wants to get in touch with me, which he is more than welcome to if he wants.  As for your suggestion, I had not tried connecting the PC directly to the Mutec.  I was happy enough that via AIR, 16.44.1 material was running 16/44.1 as you would evpect, but you got me thinking, maybe the Mutec is doing something unforeseen? My PC is in the same room as Mutec / Devialet, but about as far away as it could be.  However, I do have a 10m long USB extension cable (not recommended for serious audiophile use!), so I spent a couple of minutes connecting the PC to the Mutec, booted up the PC, it found the Mutec without issue, selected the Mutec in the soundcard GIU, fired up iTunes, and yes, it runs at 16/44.1.  A simple test, it took far less than 10 minutes to get this up and running and sounded OK with a quick listen, although I think the 10m USB cable is probably suboptimal for sound quality, it was also suboptimal for getting in the way of opening the door to the kitchen Angry , so not a practical long term solution.  It proves a point though.  

I also tried hard rebooting the microRendu with the PC off.  This was interesting, the Mutec looses lock as you would expect, but once the mR rebooted I could then pick up AirPlay and the microRendu via my iPhone, the Mutec then flicked back to 48kHz and played music.  All this with the PC turned off.  I'm a little surprised this even worked!  Another thing that surprises me is that nobody else has picked up this issue, my PC and network setup is pretty standard and straight forward, and the PC + microRendu combination is not that rare.  I can only think that I am the only one stupid enough to corrupt a mR with Apple software!  Anyway, I am convinced that this issue is beyond my capabilities to resolve, I shall post these findings on CA and wait and see what Jesus and co can come up with.  I have better things to do today, specifically giving the 1000 Pro a decent thrashing! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: iTunes AirPlay Running at 48kHz with 16/44.1 material - by Confused - 20-Nov-2016, 11:26