Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac mini or Synology (or something else)??
Yes a Mac Mini can be controlled by an iPad if you wish to run headless. Depending on the music software you buy, many offer iPad applications to control playback (i.e. JRIVER, Roon, etc..) If you choose to use the Music Server as a UpNP application than there are other iPad options such as Lumin and Linn Kinsky/Kazoo. You could install Minimserver as your music server, and control playback via iPad with either the Lumin or Linn applications.

Another option, sorry to throw so many out there is have your Mac Mini with both wireless (to access internet and control via iPad) and ethernet connections. Wireless will be to internet, ethernet will be a direct connection to the Devialet. You can use AIR3 in this scenario, there are other posts on this forum that detail how to set that up.

I would spend a little more time researching the possibilities, starting first with the less expensive ones. Do you have a spare Windows machine lying around?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac mini or Synology (or something else)?? - by baddog - 27-Nov-2016, 21:37